MultiquoteTaxi have recently partnered with Brake - a road safety charity who work to raise awareness of the importance of road safety in the community and to support the victims of road traffic accidents.
Facts about road pollution
- Driving less means less harmful pollution. Going by bus or train produces 6-8 times less CO2 than driving, on average. Walking or cycling produces none.
- Regular walking, jogging and cycling can help guard against asthma, depression, diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis and some cancers.
- People who take the bus or train to work instead of driving have a lower BMI and a healthier bodyweight.
- Driving a car burns around 70 calories per hour; much less than walking, jogging and cycling.
Tips for cutting down your CO2 footprint
- Only use your car when you have to. If you’re able to travel by foot or use public transport then do so.
- Consider going to a local restaurant for a meal that you can walk to, rather than into town.
- Take up jogging and you’ll soon find you want to do it more than driving for the health benefits.
Read more about the Brake Pledge
The Brake Pledge includes six main points – Slow, Sober, Secure, Silent, Sharp and Sustainable. To read more about the Brake Pledge click here