Getting insurance for Uber drivers just got easier
As an Uber driver, ordinary motor insurance isn’t enough. If you are offering rides for paying customers via Uber (or other ride-sharing apps) you need private hire insurance and we can help.
- Private Hire Insurance
- Social Domestic and Pleasure option
- Public Liability option
- Convicted drivers (motoring and criminal convictions)
- Young Drivers covered
- Hard to cover postcodes
- European cover
Uber insurance cover - what you need to know
The way Uber works in the UK is slightly different to the US where insurance is concerned. In the States, Uber drivers are covered when driving in their vehicle without passengers. However in the UK, no insurance is provided by Uber at all. This means drivers must take out their own insurance policy for all types of travel.
Uber currently operate in the following areas:
- Birmingham, UK
- Brighton and Sussex
- Cambridge and East Anglia
- Home Counties
- North East, UK
- South Coast, UK
- South West, UK
Who can apply to be an Uber driver?
In order to apply to be an Uber driver, you must own your own vehicle that meets the standards set by Uber, and of course a private hire taxi drivers licence. You must also attend an onboarding process in order to show that you have the necessary skills and training to work as an Uber driver.
What type of cover do Uber drivers need?
Uber drivers are essentially private hire drivers so private hire taxi insurance is what’s needed. Private hire insurance covers both the vehicles and any passengers in the event of an accident.
Levels of cover
Below are the main types of cover you can have included with a private hire taxi insurance policy –
- Road risks - Road risks are the basis of any type of private hire policy. You can choose what level of cover you want to get - third party cover; third party, fire & theft; or fully comprehensive. Fully comprehensive provides the most protection but also costs more compared to a third party policy.
- Public liability claims - Public liability insurance is a must for private hire drivers. If a passenger or other member of the public were to be killed or injured due to reckless driving on your part then you’d need to insure that you could shoulder a liability claim if it went against you. Legal expenses can also be included.
- Fleet insurance - For private hire firms that have their own fleet of vehicles, fleet insurance is the perfect option since you can get cover that’s usually cheaper and certainly much easier to manage.
Get quotes now
If you want to get Uber drivers insurance then it’s always a good idea to get quotes from different providers so you can see if you’re getting a good deal. Click the green button below and you can have tailored quotes from a panel of specialist private hire taxi insurers in a matter of minutes.